(recommended to be taken while you are pregnant)
Community Action of Skagit Co. WIC (Mt Vernon & Anacortes): Monthly online Breastfeeding Classes on Wednesdays. Free to all WIC clients: English and Spanish available. https://www.communityactionskagit.org/wic/
United General WIC (Sedro-Woolley) Free online Breastfeeding Classes in English and Spanish for WIC clients http://wic.unitedgeneral.org/
Community support groups:
(free and open to all)
Skagit Discussion group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1463786400577757/
WA state LLL (English )– https://www.facebook.com/LLLofWA
(Spanish) – https://www.facebook.com/groups/990743587788106
Military Families: Mom2MomPNW Facebook group
(make an appointment with an IBCLC** if you have prenatal concerns or things don’t go as planned. Services normally covered by medical insurance, check first)
Maternal and Infant Care Center at Island Health/Hospital (Anacortes): (360) 293-3101 islandhospital.org/maternal-infant-care (Family physician and IBCLC appointments.)
Skagit Family Health Clinic (Mount Vernon) with Loveblossom Lactation; (360) 587-2033 www.loveblossom.net (ARNP & RN/IBCLC appointments)
Skagit Valley Hospital Birth Center Outpatient Lactation Clinic (Mount Vernon): (360) 428-2229 skagitregionalhealth.org/programs-services/womens-health-and-family-birth-center/family-birth-center (RN/BCLC appointments)
WIC clinics: Provides breast pumps and other supplies to WIC clients. No fees.
- Community Action (Mount Vernon/Anacortes) (360) 416-7595 Support available in English and Spanish. Breastfeeding Peer Counselors and Lactation Consultant appointments available no charge to WIC clients.
- Swinomish Health Clinic (La Conner) (360)466-3167.
- United General (Sedro-Woolley)(360) 854-0435 Support available in English and Spanish. Breastfeeding Peer Counselor appointments available.
Lactation consultant/IBCLC* visits:
in your home, virtual or in an office setting (covered by some but not all insurance companies, check first)
* IBCLC is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant
Based in Skagit County:
Breastfeed with Confidence: Teri Shilling, MS, CD(DONA), LCCE, IBCLC* breastfeedwithconfidence.com (360) 395-5034
Loveblossom Lactation and Wellness: Sharon Sullivan, RN, IBCLC* loveblossom.net (360) 587-2033
Tulip City Birth and Lactation: Rebecca Bartsch, MSM, LM, IBCLC* tulipcitymidwife.com/lactation (360) 559-2504
Based in Whatcom County , travels to Skagit
Breasts R Best: Patty Hiestand, RN, BSN, IBCLC* breastsrbest.com (360) 474-7092
Fairhaven Lactation: Mary Francell, MA, IBCLC* fairhavenlactation.com/ (360) 305-1673
The Latchmaker: Briana Hodgson, RN, BSN, IBCLC* thelatchmaker.com (564) 203-9113
Lactation support/home visits are also provided by nurses to those who are enrolled in Maternity Support Services and Nurse Family Partnership.
- Answers Counseling (360) 255-7855
- Island Hospital Maternity Support Services (360-299-1300 ext 5674)
- Sea Mar Community Health Center (360) 848-6616
- Skagit Nurse Family Partnership (360) 416-1523